New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why doesn't HN scrub this train emoji?

Ask HN: Why doesn't HN scrub this train emoji?
4 by isoprophlex | 2 comments on Hacker News.
See: https://ift.tt/3kzAZMI I came across this post that accidentally contains a train emoji. Copy/pasting into a new post worked, even though I thought emoji were scrubbed from submitted text. And indeed when I select a train emoji on my phone keyboard... no trains! I can't figure out what makes the train in that post special, does anyone know what's going on here? User Zokier mentions "private area unicode" but I'm having a hard time grokking how that causes this issue. Train from post:  Train from my phone keyboard: Gets redacted

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why doesn't HN scrub this train emoji? New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why doesn't HN scrub this train emoji? Reviewed by zero news on September 24, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.