New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: I have been unable to land a job in two years, does anybody

Ask HN: I have been unable to land a job in two years, does anybody
28 by calebjosue | 9 comments on Hacker News.
... over here have something I can help with? I have had all sort of experiences in my job search: Sometimes I pass the interviews but companies goes with other candidates. I have failed some interviews too (Unable to solve the problem on the given amount of minutes by the interviewer). I have taken two take-home projects, ghosted. In my last interview after elaborating about my experience they told me: We have just been told the vacancy is no more. Also, I have been noticing that Spring have become synonym of Java (Most of the time when I apply for a Java Developer job they ask about Spring), I can grasp it on the job. I need to refresh some Algorithms knowledge, I have devoted sometime learning Scala for example, and a little bit of Haskell. I firmly believe I can help with something in a Software oriented company, even data wrangling or any other task nobody else likes to do. Here's my website: https://ift.tt/mYVPrC2 (Take a look at the lifelong learning section) I am located in Mexico, so I am willing to do remote. And... (Please don't hate me for this [I know this put pressure on other country's citizens]) I don't charge that much. P.S. I can't help thinking one of my biggest mistakes have been being too idealistic. Or neglecting reality, e.g. I have devoted these two past days entirely to Blender in order to produce a little sorta short-film. But any step I was thinking I shall study some Algorithms. But I really wanted to finish this Blender project, once down, I hardly will spend more than half an hour to it (Exception on the weekends of course). Be the visionaries Steve Jobs have in mind when he said he was looking for a long-term relationship: _We will build great things on the next decade_ (IIRC) I accept I've failed on focusing in a simple thing to build deep knowledge of a given computer science area. If you allow me to play the victim card: I am in need to buy some medicines for my skin condition. (Yes, I know you are not a charity but believe, I truly believe I can help you with something).

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: I have been unable to land a job in two years, does anybody New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: I have been unable to land a job in two years, does anybody Reviewed by zero news on May 03, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.