New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: Grug Notes, a simple take on text notes

Show HN: Grug Notes, a simple take on text notes
13 by keizo | 3 comments on Hacker News.
Hey hacker news, I've worked on a note/wiki app nights and weekends for almost two years. While still missing some essentials and polish, I'm happy with the progress and some of my use cases: personal CRM, work notes, and a place to write/record funny things my kid says. I bought into the hype a few years ago with linking apps but quickly grew tired of spinners and steep learning curves, so I started over with a text box and my HTML skills from twenty years ago. Then Chatgpt came out, giving me the tools to add a bit of magic and dig into my stance on simplicity even more. I'd love to get a few more people testing. HN may not be the target user, but it's the best crowd for feedback. Grug Notes is an effort I've been able to fit in after my kid goes to sleep. As someone who is not always on a computer for my work, I became disillusioned with Roam Research, Coda, and Notion. I have no ambition to build a big company, but a cash-flowing saas sounds nice. Building this has been a source of flow and optimism when the rest of my life has been chaos. My entire career and current business is building carbon fiber outrigger canoes, but competing against good products made in China is nearly impossible. I've tried for 17 years. I may try for 17 more. But it's also very realistic that without some diversification into aerospace or tech, my days as a small business owner in manufacturing may be numbered. My last three years have not gone as planned personally and professionally, and the reality is that I've used programming as some form of escapism. I've enjoyed it and will keep working on Grug Notes indefinitely, but with my daughter starting pre-school next week and my regular business needing my attention, I'm at an inflection point. It's probably time I push to move beyond seven paying customers so I'm not paying server bills out of pocket. :) Anyway, I'd love for anyone to take a look, and I am happy to answer any questions about Grug Notes or canoes!

New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: Grug Notes, a simple take on text notes New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: Grug Notes, a simple take on text notes Reviewed by zero news on August 18, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.